10 Ways To Protect Your Computer From Hackers
1. Use complex passwords. Use a combination of lower and upper case letters, numbers, and symbols.
2.Phishing emails is an old scam but people are still falling for it.If you receive an email from a company asking you to click on a link to log into your account to confirm details, do not click on the link. If you do have an account with that company and you think the email is not from hacker, you should still not click on the link. Instead, type the company's web address and log in from there.
3. Keep your Operating System up-to-date.Hackers are always finding ways to get through Windows' security features which is why Microsoft is always releasing new updates.
4. Before you go to bed, disconnect your computer and devices from the internet. Do this also whenever you are not using the internet.
5.Adjust your browser's security settings. For example, you can make it so that web sites do not track your movements.
6.Install a firewall. This protects your computer from any malicious programs getting into your system.
7. Avoid computer viruses by not opening email attachments from people you do not know.
8. Do not store your personal information in the cloud. Most cloud storage companies do not offer encryption.
9. Install antivirus and anti-spyware software. Every computer probably has these installed by now so make sure they are up to-date. They don't always protect your clipboard though, which may store valuable data such as passwords.
10. Use multiple passwords. It may be inconvenient, but convenience is usually what leads to less security